Car Insurance Victoria

Are you looking for a car insurance quote in Victoria? Get an affordable Comprehensive or Third Party Property Damage Car Insurance quote with Bingle today!

Get a quote

Award-winning Victorian car insurance

Canstar compared Bingle's car insurance with other insurers in Victoria and awarded us the Outstanding Value Car Insurance Victoria award in 2023.

What car insurance might Victorians need?

Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance, included in your registration, is required in Victoria for injury-related costs. Additionally, Bingle offers cheap car insurance in Victoria, including comprehensive and third party coverage. With the right car insurance, you can have peace of mind whether you’re commuting in traffic or taking a road trip along the Great Ocean Road. Get your car insurance quote today!

Compare car insurance options in Victoria

Comprehensive Car Insurance

This is our highest level of car insurance. Comprehensive Car Insurance has you covered for accidental loss or damage to your car including theft and natural events, plus damage to other people's vehicles and property that is caused by the use of your car.

Third Party Car Insurance

Our Third Party Property car insurance provides cover for other people's cars and property if you are the at-fault driver or the use of your car causes the damage. Just keep in mind that Bingle does not offer a Third Party Fire and Theft product so if you want cover if your car is stolen, you'll need to take a look at our Comprehensive Car Insurance.

Comprehensive car insurance in Victoria: optional extras

Looking for a higher level of car insurance? Well, no matter what state you are in, if you take up Comprehensive Car Insurance with us you will be able to choose from a variety of optional extras. Our three optional extras include Windscreen and Glass coverKeep Mobile cover (which provides you with a hire car1 if you're not able to drive your car due to an accident or incident), and New for Old cover (for cars 3 years of age and under).

Of course, you'll need to have the option on your policy before any incident takes place, you can't add it after an event and have it cover you for that same event. For more information on optional extras, read the PDS.

What will my excess be in Victoria?

Here at Bingle, on our Comprehensive Car Insurance, we offer a range of excesses depending on your State or Territory where the car is kept and the amount you selected when you bought or renewed your policy.

For Third Party Property Damage policies, the Standard excess varies based on which State or Territory you’ve noted for where the car is kept.

Your excess can be found in your Insurance Schedule.

It is important to keep in mind that further excesses may apply depending on who was driving your car at the time of the accident.

Compare our Comprehensive Car Insurance and Third Party Property Damage Car Insurance to see the different options. Read the PDS to see the different excesses that may apply if you need to make a claim.

Moving to Victoria?

If you're moving states, you may want to do some research to make sure you're all organised:

  • Each state and territory in Australia has different rules about driver licenses and car registration.
  • You may want to check to see how long you have to transfer your registration and update your license.
  • It is also worth checking what you need to do to get your car registered in your new state. Some require a roadworthy or safety certificate every year, while other states only need one if you are transferring your registration from another state or selling the car.
  • You might want to familiarise yourself with local road rules and penalties, as states can vary.
  • You will also need Compulsory Third Party Insurance. In Victoria, it's part of your vehicle registration costs.

Our customers rate us!

Bazaarvoice Authentic Reviews logo
5.0 stars out of 5 stars 5.0 stars out of 5 stars  (5.0 out of 5)

Get a quote now

If we can't provide you with a hire car from one of our providers within a reasonable distance from your location, we will pay you $50 a day (including GST) to help you make your own travel arrangements. See PDS for more details.