Car Insurance South Australia

Looking to insure your car in South Australia? You've come to the right place! Get a quote with us for Comprehensive or Third Party Property Damage Car Insurance today.

Get a quote

Car insurance for South Australia

Bingle offers car insurance in all states and territories in Australia, including South Australia. South Australia is well-known for the Barossa Valley, world heritage listed landscapes, and annual sports and cultural events. There's lots to discover and explore, so why not get a cheap car insurance quote with us and find out everything the state has to offer? From Adelaide to Arthurton, Ceduna to Coober Pedy, and Baird Bay to Bute – wherever you're from in South Australia, get a car insurance quote with Bingle.

Compare car insurance options in South Australia

Comprehensive Car Insurance

Our highest level of car insurance. Comprehensive Car Insurance has you covered for accidental loss or damage to your car including theft and natural events, plus damage to other people's vehicles and property that is caused by the use of your car.

Third Party Car Insurance

Our Third Party Property Damage car insurance provides cover for damage to other people's vehicles and property caused by the use of your car. It doesn't offer any cover for damage sustained by your car. Just note, this product does not cover your car (including if your car is stolen). If you want cover if your car is stolen, take a look at our Comprehensive cover.

Optional extras for South Australia Car Insurance

Regardless of your state, if you take up Comprehensive Car Insurance with us you can also choose from a range of optional extras. Optional extras include Windscreen and Glass coverKeep Mobile cover (which provides you with a hire car1), and New for Old cover (only available for cars 3 years of age and under from date of manufacture).

Moving to South Australia?

If you're moving states, you may want to do some research to make sure you're all organised:

  • Each state and territory in Australia has different rules about driver licenses and car registration.
  • You may want to check to see how long you have to transfer your registration and update your license.
  • It is also worth checking what you need to do to get your car registered in your new state. Some require a roadworthy or safety certificate every year, while other states only need one if you are transferring your registration from another state or selling the car.
  • You might want to familiarise yourself with local road rules and penalties, as states can vary.
  • You will also need Compulsory Third Party Insurance. See more information in the section below.

CTP Insurance in South Australia

  • Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance is mandatory for all owners of registered vehicles in South Australia.
  • Bingle doesn't actually offer CTP insurance but you can get in touch with AAMI (who, along with Bingle, are part of the Suncorp Network) and they may be able to help in South Australia!

What will my excess be in South Australia with Bingle's car insurance?

Here at Bingle, on our Comprehensive Car Insurance, we offer a range of excesses depending on your State or Territory where the car is kept and the amount you selected when you bought or renewed your policy.

For Third Party Property Damage policies, the Standard excess varies based on which State or Territory you’ve noted for where the car is kept.

Your excess can be found in your Insurance Schedule.

It is important to keep in mind that further excesses may apply depending on who was driving your car at the time of the accident.

Compare our Comprehensive Car Insurance and Third Party Property Damage Car Insurance to see the different options. Read the PDS to see the different excesses that may apply if you need to make a claim.

Our customers rate us!

Bazaarvoice Authentic Reviews logo
5.0 stars out of 5 stars 5.0 stars out of 5 stars  (5.0 out of 5)

Get a quote now

If we can't provide you with a hire car from one of our providers within a reasonable distance from your location, we will pay you $50 a day (including GST) to help you make your own travel arrangements. See PDS for more details.