Car Insurance in NSW

Are you looking for a car insurance quote in New South Wales? Get an affordable Comprehensive or Third Party Property Damage Car Insurance quote with Bingle today!

Get a quote

What car insurance do you need in NSW?

In NSW, Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance, also known as a green slip, is required for injury-related costs. Bingle currently offers cheap car insurance in NSW, including comprehensive and third party coverage. Get your quote today!

Compare car insurance options in New South Wales

Comprehensive Car Insurance

Our highest level of car insurance. Comprehensive Car Insurance has you covered for accidental loss or damage to your car including theft and natural events, plus damage to other people's vehicles and property that is caused by the use of your car.

Third Party Car Insurance

Our Third Party Property car insurance provides cover for other people's cars and property if you are the at-fault driver or the use of your car causes the damage. Bingle does not offer a Third Party Fire and Theft product so if you want cover if your car is stolen, take a look at our comprehensive cover.

New South Wales car insurance optional extras

  • Regardless of your state, if you take up Comprehensive Car Insurance with us you can also choose from a range of optional extras. Extras include Windscreen and Glass coverKeep Mobile cover (provides you with a hire car1), and New for Old (for cars 3 years of age and under).
  • Of course, you'll need to have the option on your policy before any incident takes place, you can't add it after an event and have it cover you for that same event. For more information on optional extras, read the PDS.

Moving to NSW?

If you're moving states, you may want to do some research to make sure you're all organised:

  • Each state and territory in Australia has different rules about driver licenses and car registration.
  • You may want to check to see how long you have to transfer your registration and update your license.
  • It is also worth checking what you need to do to get your car registered in your new state. Some require a roadworthy or safety certificate every year, while other states only need one if you are transferring your registration from another state or selling the car.
  • You might want to familiarise yourself with local road rules and penalties, as states can vary.
  • You will also need Greenslip Cover in NSW. See more information in the section below.

Need greenslip cover in NSW?

Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance or greenslip cover is mandatory for all owners of registered vehicles in New South Wales. CTP covers your liability if a person is injured in an accident and you're the at-fault driver.

Bingle doesn't actually offer CTP insurance but you can get in touch with AAMI or GIO (who, along with Bingle, are part of the Suncorp Network) and they may be able to help!

How much will my New South Wales car insurance excess be?

Here at Bingle, on our Comprehensive Car Insurance, we offer a range of excesses depending on your State or Territory where the car is kept and the amount you selected when you bought or renewed your policy.

For Third Party Property Damage policies, the Standard excess varies based on which State or Territory you’ve noted for where the car is kept.

Your excess can be found in your Insurance Schedule.

It is important to keep in mind that further excesses may apply depending on who was driving your car at the time of the accident.

Compare our Comprehensive Car Insurance, and Third Party Property Damage Car Insurance to see the different options. Read the PDS to see the different excesses that may apply if you need to make a claim.

Claims Payment examples and information about Excesses can be found in the relevant Premiums, Excess and Claims Guide (PED) for that product.

Our customers rate us!

Bazaarvoice Authentic Reviews logo
5.0 stars out of 5 stars 5.0 stars out of 5 stars  (5.0 out of 5)

Get a quote now

1 If we can't provide you with a hire car from one of our providers within a reasonable distance from your location, we will pay you $50 a day (including GST) to help you make your own travel arrangements. See PDS for more details.