Car insurance for Tasmanians
Bingle offers car insurance in all states and
territories in Australia, including Tasmania.
Tasmania is well-known for its natural and man-made beauty – think stunning national parks and waterways,
art galleries, bustling markets, and wineries. There's lots to discover and explore, so why not get a cheap
car insurance quote with us and find out everything the state has to offer?
From Hobart to Huonville, Maitland to Marion Bay, and Launceston to Leith – wherever you're from in Tasmania,
get a car insurance quote with Bingle.
Moving to Tasmania?
If you're moving states, you may want to do some research to make sure you're all organised:
- Each state and territory in Australia has different rules about driver licenses and car registration.
- You may want to check to see how long you have to transfer your registration and update your license.
- It is also worth checking what you need to do to get your car registered in your new state. Some require
a roadworthy or safety certificate every year, while other states only need one if you are transferring
your registration from another state or selling the car.
- You might want to familiarise yourself with local road rules and penalties, as states can vary.
- You will also need Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance, which is part of your car registration in
Tasmania. See more information in the section below.
CTP Insurance in Tasmania
Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance is mandatory for all owners of registered vehicles in Tasmania.
Bingle doesn't offer CTP insurance.